“Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” “Do not fear the king of Babylon, of whom you are afraid. Do not fear him, declares the LORD, for I am with you, to save you and to deliver you from his hand.”
- 1 What Bible verses to read when you are scared?
- 2 What the Bible says about anxiety and fear?
- 3 What is a good prayer to say when you’re scared?
- 4 What Psalm is for fear?
- 5 How do you fight fear biblically?
- 6 What is faith over fear?
- 7 What is Psalm 27 in the Bible?
- 8 What does Jesus say about worrying?
- 9 How do I overcome fear?
- 10 How do you get faith when you are scared?
- 11 Will God take away my fears?
- 12 What is the verse Jeremiah 29 11?
- 13 What is the 31st Psalm?
- 14 When Im afraid I trust in the Bible?
What Bible verses to read when you are scared?
- Hebrews 13:6 – “So we can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?”
- John 14:27 – “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you.
- Deuteronomy 31:6 – “Be strong and courageous.
- 1 Peter 5:7 –
- Psalm 56:3 –
- Psalm 94:19 –
- 2 Timothy 1:7 –
What the Bible says about anxiety and fear?
” Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” “When the righteous cry for help, the LORD hears and delivers them out of all their troubles.” “For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.”
What is a good prayer to say when you’re scared?
Dear God, I come before You to lay my panic and anxiety at Your feet. When I’m crushed by my fears and worries, remind me of Your power and Your grace. Fill me with Your peace as I trust in You and You alone.
What Psalm is for fear?
Psalms 34 and 56, though different in genre, both affirm the importance of fearing and trusting God. In Psalm 34, the psalmist celebrates the trustworthiness of the LORD by recalling a fearful time from which the LORD delivered him.
How do you fight fear biblically?
Overcome Fear God’s Way: Pray The Bible instructs us to “ [not] worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done ” (Philippians 4:6, NLT). Not only are we taught to not worry or fear, but we are also told what to do instead of worrying: pray.
What is faith over fear?
The phrase is “faith over fear.” We’re misapplying the truths of this phrase. Some are stating that we should stop taking our medication and not fear the consequences. The belief is that our faith is greater than our medicine. Then there’s a rash of posts applying faith over fear to the global COVID-19 pandemic.
What is Psalm 27 in the Bible?
Psalm 27 Of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation– whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life– of whom shall I be afraid? Then my head will be exalted above the enemies who surround me; at his tabernacle will I sacrifice with shouts of joy; I will sing and make music to the LORD.
What does Jesus say about worrying?
Jesus talked about worry and anxiety more than a few times, and he reminds us of how much God loves us, and how He can give us rest. Matthew 6:25-27 “ Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on.
How do I overcome fear?
Ten ways to fight your fears
- Take time out. It’s impossible to think clearly when you’re flooded with fear or anxiety.
- Breathe through panic.
- Face your fears.
- Imagine the worst.
- Look at the evidence.
- Don’t try to be perfect.
- Visualise a happy place.
- Talk about it.
How do you get faith when you are scared?
Table of Contents
- Choose to write your own headlines.
- Choose to deal with your baggage.
- Choose to come out of hiding.
- Choose to listen to God more than yourself.
- Choose to obey God’s Word.
- Choose to walk with God daily.
- Choose to hate fear and unbelief.
- Choose to pray instead of being enslaved to fear.
Will God take away my fears?
‘ So we can confidently say, ‘The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me? ‘” The Good News: If we put our faith in God’s steadfast, unfailing love and turn away from an obsession with material things, God will free us from all fear.
What is the verse Jeremiah 29 11?
“’ For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. ‘” — Jeremiah 29:11.
What is the 31st Psalm?
A psalm of David. In you, O LORD, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame; deliver me in your righteousness. Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me. Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me.
When Im afraid I trust in the Bible?
When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. On no account let them escape; in your anger, O God, bring down the nations.