- Hebrews 13:6 – “So we can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?”
- John 14:27 – “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you.
- Deuteronomy 31:6 – “Be strong and courageous.
- 1 Peter 5:7 –
- Psalm 56:3 –
- Psalm 94:19 –
- 2 Timothy 1:7 –
- 1 What to read in the Bible when you’re scared?
- 2 What Psalm is for fear?
- 3 How do you fight fear biblically?
- 4 What do you pray when you are scared?
- 5 What does Psalms 27 say?
- 6 What God says about anxiety?
- 7 How do I overcome fear and anxiety?
- 8 What does the Bible say about overcoming fear and anxiety?
- 9 What is fear spiritually?
- 10 What are the two types of fear in the Bible?
- 11 What does the Bible say about the spirit of fear?
- 12 How do I pray to God when I fear?
- 13 How do I give my worries to God?
- 14 How do you get faith when you are scared?
What to read in the Bible when you’re scared?
As you’re seeking comfort from your fear, also look toward Bible verses about anxiety, Bible verses about stress, and Bible verses about courage.
- Psalm 34:4–5. Getty Images.
- Psalm 23:4. Getty Images.
- Psalm 27:1. Getty Images.
- Psalm 46:1–3. Getty Images.
- Isaiah 41:13.
- Luke 14:27.
- Psalm 91:4–5.
- Genesis 50:21.
What Psalm is for fear?
Psalms 34 and 56, though different in genre, both affirm the importance of fearing and trusting God. In Psalm 34, the psalmist celebrates the trustworthiness of the LORD by recalling a fearful time from which the LORD delivered him.
How do you fight fear biblically?
Overcome Fear God’s Way: Pray The Bible instructs us to “ [not] worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done ” (Philippians 4:6, NLT). Not only are we taught to not worry or fear, but we are also told what to do instead of worrying: pray.
What do you pray when you are scared?
Dear God, I come before You to lay my panic and anxiety at Your feet. When I’m crushed by my fears and worries, remind me of Your power and Your grace. So, Father, I thank you for being my strength and My God in whom I trust, Amen.
What does Psalms 27 say?
Psalm 27 Of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation– whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life– of whom shall I be afraid? When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall.
What God says about anxiety?
” Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” “When the righteous cry for help, the LORD hears and delivers them out of all their troubles.” “For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.”
How do I overcome fear and anxiety?
Ten ways to fight your fears
- Take time out. It’s impossible to think clearly when you’re flooded with fear or anxiety.
- Breathe through panic.
- Face your fears.
- Imagine the worst.
- Look at the evidence.
- Don’t try to be perfect.
- Visualise a happy place.
- Talk about it.
What does the Bible say about overcoming fear and anxiety?
“ Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
What is fear spiritually?
As promised, I am going to address the “spirit of fear”! Fear is a normal, natural flight response to a danger in our surroundings. It intends to keep you from fulfilling the destiny that God has on your life; from living a joyful, spirit led existence where you give to others out of the overflow of love in your life.
What are the two types of fear in the Bible?
Drawing from the teachings of a Jewish Rabbi and the Hebrew language, Tara pointed out that there are two types of fear, Pachad and Yirah and they provide two different ways to think about fear.
What does the Bible say about the spirit of fear?
2 Timothy 1:7 – For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind – Scripture Frame – Bible Verse. mind.
How do I pray to God when I fear?
Here are a few examples:
- Dear Lord. Most gracious heavenly Father. I am scared.
- Heavenly Father, help me through all of my days. Teach me not to worry. Remind me to not be anxious.
- Dear God, I come before you. I am laying my fear and anxiety at your feet.
How do I give my worries to God?
Proverbs 12:25 Anxiety in a man’s heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad. 1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Philippians 4:6-7 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
How do you get faith when you are scared?
Table of Contents
- Choose to write your own headlines.
- Choose to deal with your baggage.
- Choose to come out of hiding.
- Choose to listen to God more than yourself.
- Choose to obey God’s Word.
- Choose to walk with God daily.
- Choose to hate fear and unbelief.
- Choose to pray instead of being enslaved to fear.