To condemn means “to pronounce to be guilty, to sentence to punishment, or to pass judgment against.” Satan is …
- 1 What is the true meaning of condemned?
- 2 What does condemnation feel like?
- 3 Does condemn mean against?
- 4 What is condemn and example?
- 5 How do you know a warning from God?
- 6 Is condemnation an emotion?
- 7 Where did condemnation come from?
- 8 What is the difference between condemn and judge?
- 9 What does it mean when someone is being condescending?
- 10 What is social ridicule?
- 11 What God says about condemnation?
- 12 What is the opposite of Condem?
- 13 How do you use condemned?
What is the true meaning of condemned?
Full Definition of condemn transitive verb. 1: to declare to be reprehensible, wrong, or evil usually after weighing evidence and without reservation a policy widely condemned as racist. 2a: to pronounce guilty: convict. b: sentence, doom condemn a prisoner to die.
What does condemnation feel like?
Condemnation includes guilt, shame, regret and fear. If you ever felt condemned, you know the sense of hopelessness. It declares you’re wrong without any way out. This leads to a lawless life.
Does condemn mean against?
to express an unfavorable or adverse judgment on; indicate strong disapproval of; censure. to pronounce to be guilty; sentence to punishment: to condemn a murderer to life imprisonment. to give grounds or reason for convicting or censuring: His acts condemn him.
What is condemn and example?
3. The definition of condemn is to state that someone or something is wrong or evil or to sentence to punishment. An example of condemn is to announce that a person is guilty of murder. An example of condemn is to sentence a murderer to life in prison. verb.
How do you know a warning from God?
3 Common Signs God Is Trying To Tell You Something
- Repetitive Messages. One really obvious way that God tries to get your attention is repetition.
- Friendly Fire. Another obvious sign God is trying to get your attention is through your friends.
- Hardened Heart.
Is condemnation an emotion?
And it isn’t just feelings of condemnation as an emotion. Condemnation creeps into our thoughts, and in our bodies. Condemnation can make us: hate ourselves.
Where did condemnation come from?
Where did condemnation begin? It began in the Garden of Eden when man sinned. Eve and then Adam disobeyed God and ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
What is the difference between condemn and judge?
As verbs the difference between condemn and judge is that condemn is to confer some sort of eternal divine punishment upon while judge is to sit in judgment on; to pass sentence on.
What does it mean when someone is being condescending?
Full Definition of condescending: showing or characterized by a patronizing or superior attitude toward others.
Ridicule, deride, mock, taunt imply making game of a person, usually in an unkind, jeering way. To ridicule is to make fun of, either sportively and good-humoredly, or unkindly with the intention of humiliating: to ridicule a pretentious person.
What God says about condemnation?
Romans chapter 8 is one of the pinnacles of Christian truth. The Apostle Paul begins by proclaiming that there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. He ends the chapter assuring those in Christ that there is also no separation from the love of God.
What is the opposite of Condem?
Antonyms for condemn. extol. (also extoll), laud, praise.
How do you use condemned?
Condemned sentence example
- The night he slept with her and condemned her to walk the path that led her to Hell.
- He was sent for trial and condemned to hard labor, I believe.
- They were condemned and put to death.
- The parlements thereupon condemned several private persons for obtaining bulls from Rome.