God is all-powerful and can defend our household. Besides physical security, there is nothing else we can do. We cannot protect each and every one of our families at every time of the day. The truth is, we are limited in our capabilities to protect even ourselves, let alone others in our family.
- 1 What does the Bible say about safeguarding?
- 2 What does God say about protecting the vulnerable?
- 3 What does the Bible say about protecting your family KJV?
- 4 What does the Bible say about being close to your family?
- 5 What did Jesus say about protecting the children?
- 6 What does the Bible say about keeping kids safe?
- 7 What does the Bible say about causing harm to others?
- 8 What does the Bible say about putting others in harms way?
- 9 What does the Bible say about challenging others?
- 10 What does God say about protecting your home?
- 11 What does the Bible say about protecting your marriage?
- 12 What does the Bible say about a husband and his family?
- 13 Does the Bible say to take care of your family first?
- 14 How does the Bible deal with family problems?
- 15 What does the Bible say about toxic siblings?
What does the Bible say about safeguarding?
The word ‘safeguarding’ itself does not appear in the Bible. However, throughout its pages we’re given hundreds of examples of God’s heart for vulnerable people, and the expectations he places upon communities and societies in how we should respond to, and treat those that fall within that category.
What does God say about protecting the vulnerable?
Psalm 82:3 (NIV) “Defend the weak and the fatherless; uphold the cause of the poor and oppressed.”
What does the Bible say about protecting your family KJV?
Bible verses related to Protecting Family from the King James Version (KJV) by Book Order. Psalms 91:1-16 – He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. (Read More)
What does the Bible say about being close to your family?
” Honor your father and mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you.” “A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity.” “Children’s children are a crown to the aged, and parents are the pride of their children.” “Honor your father and mother.”
What did Jesus say about protecting the children?
Mark 10:13-16. People were bringing little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them, but the disciples rebuked them. When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, “ Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.
What does the Bible say about keeping kids safe?
12. Proverbs 23:13-14. Do not withhold discipline from a child; if you punish them with the rod, they will not die.
What does the Bible say about causing harm to others?
“Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: “ And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another. … ” (Eph. 4:31–32.)
What does the Bible say about putting others in harms way?
Jesus responded that it is sinful to “… put the Lord your God to the test.” We must not deliberately put ourselves in harm’s way and demand that God protect us. Romans 13:1-7 says that we Christians have a responsibility to obey the government as long as they are not telling us to disobey God.
What does the Bible say about challenging others?
“ In 1 Corinthians 5:6, Paul advocates banning an immoral person from the church.” Hopkins notes that Scripture also warns strenuously against being judgmental and self-righteous. In Matthew 6, Jesus speaks harshly against those who point out small faults in others while ignoring their own faults.
What does God say about protecting your home?
As if to confirm Mark’s Gospel, we find these additional words of Christ in the Gospel of Luke: “ When the strong man, fully armed, guards his courtyard, his property is undisturbed (11:21).” In case anyone still doesn’t get the point, it is not enough simply to defend yourself when the situation arises; you should be
What does the Bible say about protecting your marriage?
Therefore, what God has joined together, let no man separate (Matthew 19:6). We must guard our marriage, so that the outside world cannot separate it. We must protect its core – the love between husband and wife. This doesn’t come for free – it will cost us a lot.
What does the Bible say about a husband and his family?
Genesis 2:24: ” Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.” 10. Ecclesiastes 4:12: “Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.”
Does the Bible say to take care of your family first?
Then you go all the way back to 1 Timothy 5:8, I believe it is, and it says to take care of your own household first. Your first goal after the tithe is take care of your household.
How does the Bible deal with family problems?
God’s Word helps us handle conflict in a godly way so He can use it for good:
- Own it. If you’ve messed up, own it. Own it fully because the offense is against a Holy God—don’t explain it away.
- Speak Truth. If you’ve been hurt, go to the person humbly and talk tothem. Listen to them.
- Give grace. Be quick to forgive.
What does the Bible say about toxic siblings?
“ If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. But if he does not go listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses.