In-Text Citation Format The first time you cite the Bible in-text, include the name of the version of the Bible, followed by an abbreviation of the book, the chapter and verse(s). For subsequent references, simply include the book, chapter, and verse.
- 1 How do you cite the Bible in-text citation?
- 2 How do you cite the Bible in APA 7th edition in-text?
- 3 How do you quote Bible verses in a blog?
- 4 Is Bible capitalized?
- 5 How do you cite the King James Bible?
- 6 How do you cite a study Bible?
- 7 How do you cite the Bible app?
- 8 How do you cite the NIV Bible in APA?
- 9 When was the King James Bible written?
- 10 How do you quote a Bible verse in an email?
How do you cite the Bible in-text citation?
The Bible. Italicize “The Bible” and follow it with the version you are using. Remember that your in-text (parenthetical citation) should include the name of the specific edition of the Bible, followed by an abbreviation of the book, the chapter and verse(s).
How do you cite the Bible in APA 7th edition in-text?
When quoting the Bible, you must cite the Bible version in the body of the paper and include it in your reference list. When citing the Bible the in-text citation should follow the order of the template as shown here: Template: Bible Version, Date of Publication, Book chapter and verse.
How do you quote Bible verses in a blog?
2. Tips to Help You Cite the Specific Translation Clearly. Use a comma after the reference, followed by the version abbreviation in capitals, to indicate the specific version you quote: John 3:16, KJV. (For a list of Bible versions and appropriate abbreviations, see Bible Gateway.)
Is Bible capitalized?
Bible/ biblical 1. Capitalize Bible and all nouns referring to sacred texts.
How do you cite the King James Bible?
Put the citation in a “Work Cited” list at the conclusion of your report. If you are typing, make sure to italicize the citation. Write “The Holy Bible: King James Version” followed by the publishing city and state (abbreviated), publisher company name and year it was published.
How do you cite a study Bible?
In your Works Cited, include the title of the Bible, the version, and the publication information.
- Here are some examples for citing print and online editions of the Bible:
- Zondervan NIV Study Bible (K. L. Barker, Ed.; Full rev.
- The English Standard Version Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments with Apocrypha.
How do you cite the Bible app?
Format: Title. Name of translation Version. App Title, app version number, app publisher, year of app publication.
How do you cite the NIV Bible in APA?
Citation: The Holy Bible, new international version. (1984). Grand Rapids: Zondervan Publishing House.
When was the King James Bible written?
In introducing the passage, you can start with book and chapter (e.g. Romans 12) than a page number (if all have the same church Bibles), then pause to allow time to locate the passage, then say the specific starting point (e.g. Romans 12 verse 10).
How do you quote a Bible verse in an email?
In running text (i.e., paragraph form), cite a Bible reference in the following way: “God is love” (1 John 4:8 NKJV). Notice there’s no comma within the parentheses, and the period goes after the ending parenthesis. Some editors (like me) may allow you to mention the Bible translation once in an article or a devotion.