When citing a passage of scripture, include the abbreviated name of the book, the chapter number, and the verse number—never a page number. Chapter and verse are separated by a colon. Example: 1 Cor. 13:4, 15:12-19.
- 1 Do you italicize or quote the Bible?
- 2 How do you quote the Bible in MLA?
- 3 How do you cite the Holy Bible?
- 4 How do you cite a direct quote from the Bible?
- 5 Do Bible verses go in quotes?
- 6 Why is Bible not italicized?
- 7 Who Wrote the Bible?
- 8 What are the most powerful Bible verses?
- 9 Is Bible capitalized?
- 10 How do you quote Bible verses in a blog?
- 11 How do you cite the King James Bible?
- 12 How do you quote the Bible in APA 7th edition?
- 13 Do you have to cite the Bible in APA?
Do you italicize or quote the Bible?
Do not italicize, underline, or use quotation marks for books and versions of the Bible. Do italicize the titles of individual published editions of the Bible. The King James Version of the Bible was originally published in 1611.
How do you quote the Bible in MLA?
Title of the Bible, Version. Editor, Publisher, Year. The first time you cite the Bible in-text, include the name of the version of the Bible, followed by an abbreviation of the book, the chapter and verse(s). For subsequent references, simply include the book, chapter, and verse.
How do you cite the Holy Bible?
Edited by Editor’s First and Last Name, Bible Version, Publisher, Year of Publication. Example: Holy Bible. New International Version, Zondervan Publishing House, 1984.
How do you cite a direct quote from the Bible?
To cite a specific passage from the Bible, include an abbreviated book title followed by a chapter and verse number in the in-text citation.
Do Bible verses go in quotes?
Always use quotations around scripture verses and include the book, chapter number and verse number at the end of the quotation. Provide the name of the Bible version in your first in-text citation.
Why is Bible not italicized?
The title should be italicized because you are referring to a published edition. (The published title might be, for example, The New Jerusalem Bible, or simply The Bible.) The Bible. Authorized King James Version, Oxford UP, 1998.
Who Wrote the Bible?
According to both Jewish and Christian Dogma, the books of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy (the first five books of the Bible and the entirety of the Torah) were all written by Moses in about 1,300 B.C. There are a few issues with this, however, such as the lack of evidence that Moses ever existed
What are the most powerful Bible verses?
My Top 10 Powerful Bible verses
- 1 Corinthians 15:19. If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
- Hebrews 13:6. So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
- Matthew 6:26.
- Proverbs 3:5-6.
- 1 Corinthians 15:58.
- John 16:33.
- Matthew 6:31-33.
- Philippians 4:6.
Is Bible capitalized?
Bible/ biblical 1. Capitalize Bible and all nouns referring to sacred texts.
How do you quote Bible verses in a blog?
2. Tips to Help You Cite the Specific Translation Clearly. Use a comma after the reference, followed by the version abbreviation in capitals, to indicate the specific version you quote: John 3:16, KJV. (For a list of Bible versions and appropriate abbreviations, see Bible Gateway.)
How do you cite the King James Bible?
Put the citation in a “Work Cited” list at the conclusion of your report. If you are typing, make sure to italicize the citation. Write “The Holy Bible: King James Version” followed by the publishing city and state (abbreviated), publisher company name and year it was published.
How do you quote the Bible in APA 7th edition?
When quoting the Bible, you must cite the Bible version in the body of the paper and include it in your reference list. When citing the Bible the in-text citation should follow the order of the template as shown here: Template: Bible Version, Date of Publication, Book chapter and verse.
Do you have to cite the Bible in APA?
Citation Generator Note: Classical religious texts, like the Bible, do not require a citation in the reference list in APA style. However, you must include an in-text citation anytime you reference these texts in your writing.