“Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” The Good News: Dealing with depression can be scary. But this verse reminds you that with God on your side, there’s nothing to fear.
- 1 What Bible verse is good for sadness?
- 2 What to read in the Bible when your feelings are hurt?
- 3 What does God say when you feel like giving up?
- 4 When there is sadness there is joy Bible verse?
- 5 What does the Bible say about a sad heart?
- 6 Is having depression a sin?
- 7 What does the Bible say about making a woman cry?
- 8 What God says about difficult times?
- 9 What does God say about someone hurting you?
- 10 What does Psalms 27 say?
- 11 What God says about not giving up?
- 12 What to do when you feel like God is not listening?
- 13 What are the most powerful Bible verses?
- 14 What is the verse Jeremiah 29 11?
- 15 What does the Bible say about sorrow and joy?
What Bible verse is good for sadness?
Psalm 40:1-3 In this, and other Scriptures for depression, we’re reminded that God is always near to the brokenhearted. No matter how deep the pit of despair you’re in, God can lift you out. Just as He did for David, God can set you back on a path towards hope and He will steady you whenever you start to stumble.
What to read in the Bible when your feelings are hurt?
10 Bible Verses for Comfort When You’re Hurting
- Job 5:11 The lowly he sets on high, and those who mourn are lifted to safety.
- Psalm 27:13-14 I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
- Isaiah 41:10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.
What does God say when you feel like giving up?
Galatians 6:9 – Do Not Grow Weary In Doing Good Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. This is the first verse I turn to when I feel like giving up. It’s a reminder that good things take work. And, often, they take a lot of work.
When there is sadness there is joy Bible verse?
Lord, make us instruments of Thy peace. Where there is hatred, let us sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is discord, union; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; where there is sadness, joy.
What does the Bible say about a sad heart?
“ The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” The Good News: Though you may feel defeated, God is closer than you realize. He is always with you and can heal your heart. “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
Is having depression a sin?
Depression is associated with sin because people experiencing depression are seen to lack some of the spiritual fruits that are regarded as evidence of genuine Christian faith: When dealing with people in the church some see mental illness as a weakness —a sign you don’t have enough faith.
What does the Bible say about making a woman cry?
” Be very careful if you make a woman cry, because God counts her tears. Be very careful when you make a woman cry, because God counts her tears.
What God says about difficult times?
Do not fear or be dismayed. Deuteronomy 33:27 The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. Psalm 34:17 When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears, and rescues them from all their troubles. Isaiah 30:15 In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength.
What does God say about someone hurting you?
He also said, “ And the Lord will reward you” (Proverbs 25:21-22). Rather, it means we can trust God to correct whatever wrongs we have suffered. “When someone hurts you, this doesn’t mean you come out swinging. You should pray for them,” says Kirby, 11.
What does Psalms 27 say?
Psalm 27 Of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation– whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life– of whom shall I be afraid? When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall.
What God says about not giving up?
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.
What to do when you feel like God is not listening?
3 Things To Do When You Feel God Is Not Listening
- I need to “check my heart” (as comedian John Crist likes to say). If there is any sin or unclean living in my heart and life I must confess it before God.
- I need to dig deeper into God’s word.
- I need to keep asking and keep asking.
What are the most powerful Bible verses?
My Top 10 Powerful Bible verses
- 1 Corinthians 15:19. If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
- Hebrews 13:6. So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
- Matthew 6:26.
- Proverbs 3:5-6.
- 1 Corinthians 15:58.
- John 16:33.
- Matthew 6:31-33.
- Philippians 4:6.
What is the verse Jeremiah 29 11?
“’ For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. ‘” — Jeremiah 29:11.
What does the Bible say about sorrow and joy?
Psalm 30:5 “For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favor is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.” Proverbs 17:31 “He that begetteth a fool doeth it to his sorrow: and the father of a fool hath no joy.”