16 Verses To Remember When You’re Feeling Lost
- 2 Timothy 1:7. For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
- 1 Peter 5:7. Cast all of your anxieties on Him because He cares for you.
- 1 Corinthians 10:31.
- 2 Thessalonians 3:16.
- 1 Peter 2:9.
- 2 Corinthians 12:10.
- 1 What book of the Bible should I read to get closer to God?
- 2 Where in the Bible does it talk about being lost?
- 3 What God says about difficult times?
- 4 What is a scripture for comfort?
- 5 How can I hear God’s voice?
- 6 Where can I read the Bible about depression?
- 7 What order should the Bible be read first?
- 8 What does the Bible say about when you feel defeated?
- 9 What does the Bible say about feeling empty?
- 10 What is a good Bible verse for loneliness?
- 11 How do I get comfort in God?
- 12 How do you trust God when life is hard?
- 13 How do you keep faith in hard times?
What book of the Bible should I read to get closer to God?
If you are looking for encouragement, light in times of darkness, promises of God’s protection, or assurance of God’s presence, Psalms is the right book for you. Genesis, the first book of the Bible, is one of the most famous.
Where in the Bible does it talk about being lost?
What God says about difficult times?
Do not fear or be dismayed. Deuteronomy 33:27 The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. Psalm 34:17 When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears, and rescues them from all their troubles. Isaiah 30:15 In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength.
What is a scripture for comfort?
2 Corinthians 1:3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. 9.
How can I hear God’s voice?
How to practice listening prayer
- Come to God with your request for guidance.
- Wait in silence for God to speak for 10-12 minutes.
- Jot down any Scripture, songs, impressions, or pictures God gives you.
- Share how God spoke to you with your prayer partners and follow God’s will.
Where can I read the Bible about depression?
15 Bible Verses for Depression That Will Help You Through Your Darkest Hours
- of 15. Deuteronomy 31:8.
- of 15. Philippians 4:8.
- of 15. Philippians 4:13.
- of 15. John 16:33.
- of 15. Jeremiah 29:11.
- of 15. Matthew 11:28.
- of 15. Proverbs 3:5-6.
- of 15.
What order should the Bible be read first?
Best Order to Read the Bible for the First Time
- 1 Samuel.
- 2 Samuel.
- 1 Kings.
- 2 Kings.
What does the Bible say about when you feel defeated?
“Be strong and of good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee, he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.” Moses is reminding his people of the great victories they have had with the Lord at their backs, and is assuring them that those victories will continue.
What does the Bible say about feeling empty?
Emptiness is a wake-up call to go to God, who is the only One who can turn emptiness into fullness, and fill us with His fullness and blessing, even if everything around us remains in emptiness. Emptiness cries out that my life is empty, my motivation is empty, my spirit is empty and I therefore have empty resources.
What is a good Bible verse for loneliness?
What is a good Bible verse for loneliness? A good Bible verse about loneliness is Deuteronomy 31:6. It lets you know that you should be courageous and know you are not alone, since the Lord God is always with you.
How do I get comfort in God?
How does the Holy Spirit comfort us?
- Interceding – praying for us when we don’t know what to say (Romans 8:26)
- Bringing God’s Presence – filling us with God’s presence and peace (Philippians 4:6-7)
- Counseling – reminding us of God’s promises and God’s word (John 14:26)
- Giving Us Understanding – giving us spiritual eyes.
How do you trust God when life is hard?
- 8.1 Having faith in God during hard times comes through prayer.
- 8.2 Trusting God in tough times by growing your faith.
- 8.3 Trusting God in hard times gets easier when you recall how has He blessed you in the past.
- 8.4 Put God first every day, not just during your struggles.
How do you keep faith in hard times?
Here are five ways I try to keep faith when it seems impossible:
- Pray. Ask God, the universe, or whatever higher force you believe in for the strength to love to your full potential.
- Be generous to others.
- Get inspired.
- Surround yourself with people you admire.
- Get the ball rolling first thing in the morning.