To cite a specific passage from the Bible, include an abbreviated book title followed by a chapter and verse number in the in-text citation.
How to cite the Bible in APA Style.
|Format||Bible Version Title. (Year). Publisher. URL|
|Reference entry||English Standard Version Bible. (2001). ESV Online. https://esv.literalword.com/|
- 1 How do you cite a reference from the Bible?
- 2 How do you cite a Bible study in APA?
- 3 How do you cite the Bible KJV APA?
- 4 How do I cite the NIV Bible?
- 5 How do you cite the Bible in APA 7?
- 6 Do you italicize Bible verses in a paper?
- 7 Do you have to cite the Bible in APA?
- 8 How do you cite Psalms?
- 9 Is biblical capitalized?
- 10 How do you cite APA?
- 11 How do you make an APA reference page?
- 12 How do you cite the New International Version of the Bible in APA?
How do you cite a reference from the Bible?
Footnotes, Endnotes, or Parenthetical Citations: When citing a passage of scripture, include the abbreviated name of the book, the chapter number, and the verse number —never a page number. Chapter and verse are separated by a colon. Example: 1 Cor. 13:4, 15:12-19.
How do you cite a Bible study in APA?
In your Works Cited, include the title of the Bible, the version, and the publication information.
- Here are some examples for citing print and online editions of the Bible:
- Zondervan NIV Study Bible (K. L. Barker, Ed.; Full rev.
- The English Standard Version Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments with Apocrypha.
How do you cite the Bible KJV APA?
APA: Translation, Year, Book Chapter: Verse(s) For APA, you include the Bible and date of publication “as cited in” then the citation information. “Quote” (King James Version, 1604, as cited in Smith, 2020).
How do I cite the NIV Bible?
Works Cited Citation for a Print Version of the Bible Edited by Editor’s First and Last Name, Bible Version, Publisher, Year of Publication. Example: Holy Bible. New International Version, Zondervan Publishing House, 1984.
How do you cite the Bible in APA 7?
When quoting the Bible, you must cite the Bible version in the body of the paper and include it in your reference list. When citing the Bible the in-text citation should follow the order of the template as shown here: Template: Bible Version, Date of Publication, Book chapter and verse.
Do you italicize Bible verses in a paper?
Do not italicize, underline, or use quotation marks for books and versions of the Bible.
Do you have to cite the Bible in APA?
Citation Generator Note: Classical religious texts, like the Bible, do not require a citation in the reference list in APA style. However, you must include an in-text citation anytime you reference these texts in your writing.
How do you cite Psalms?
Citation. In APA style, the in – text citation for a psalm includes more specific information about the reference, so you do not include the Bible on your references page. Instead of a page number, the parenthetical citation lists the book, chapter and verse with a colon between the chapter and verse.
Is biblical capitalized?
Bible/ biblical Capitalize Bible and all nouns referring to sacred texts. Lowercase the word biblical and other adjectives derived from names of sacred texts.
How do you cite APA?
APA citation basics When using APA format, follow the author-date method of in-text citation. This means that the author’s last name and the year of publication for the source should appear in the text, for example, (Jones, 1998), and a complete reference should appear in the reference list at the end of the paper.
How do you make an APA reference page?
What are the key rules of creating an APA References list?
- Center the word “References” in bold font at the top of a new page.
- Double spacing is used throughout this page.
- Alphabetize entries by authors’ last names.
- Create a hanging indent for each individual source you add to the list.
How do you cite the New International Version of the Bible in APA?
Citation: The Holy Bible, new international version. (1984). Grand Rapids: Zondervan Publishing House.