- 1 What is the shortest verse in the Bible?
- 2 What are the most powerful Bible verses?
- 3 What book in the Bible is the longest in terms of words?
- 4 What is the longest verse in the book of Psalms?
- 5 Does Jesus cry when we cry?
- 6 What is the last word in the Bible?
- 7 What did Jesus say was most important?
- 8 What is the most beautiful Bible verse?
- 9 What is God’s message for me today?
- 10 Which book did Jesus directly write?
- 11 Which gospel is longest?
- 12 What is the first verse of the Bible?
- 13 Why did David write Psalm 37?
- 14 What is Psalms 119 talking about?
- 15 What does Beth mean in Psalms 119?
What is the shortest verse in the Bible?
“Jesus wept” (Greek: ἐδάκρυσεν ὁ Ἰησοῦς, edákrysen ho Iesoús lit. “Jesus wept”) is a phrase famous for being the shortest verse in the King James Version of the Bible, as well as many other versions. It is not the shortest in the original languages. It is found in the Gospel of John, chapter 11, verse 35.
What are the most powerful Bible verses?
25 Inspirational Bible Verses and Quotes
- 2 Corinthians 4:16-18. So we do not lose heart.
- 1 Peter 5:7. Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
- 1 Corinthians 15:58. Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the LORD, knowing that in the LORD your labor is not in vain.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14.
What book in the Bible is the longest in terms of words?
Psalm 119 is the longest chapter of the Bible. but if we consider the words in the books ie… the number of words in Hebrew or Greek, the First-longest book of the Bible is Jeremiah, weighing in at 33,002 words. The second-longest book of the Bible is Genesis with 32,046 words.
What is the longest verse in the book of Psalms?
- Psalm 119 is the 119th psalm of the Book of Psalms, beginning in English in the King James Version: “Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the Lord”.
- With 176 verses, the psalm is the longest psalm as well as the longest chapter in the Bible.
Does Jesus cry when we cry?
Jesus, as God and man, wept for the pain of His people and longed for them to turn to Him. The final reason that I am certain God shares our sorrow, feels our pain and cries with us when we are weeping, is because that’s what good dads do. God the father has the heart of the best parent.
What is the last word in the Bible?
In the King James Version of the Bible, the last word is “Amen.” The last book of the Bible is the “Book of Revelation,” and the last verse is 22:21.
What did Jesus say was most important?
Gospel of Mark
And one of the scribes came up and heard them disputing with one another, and seeing that he answered them well, asked him, “Which commandment is the most important of all?” Jesus answered, “The most important is, ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.
What is the most beautiful Bible verse?
“For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
What is God’s message for me today?
Love, acceptance, and affirmation. God’s message for me today is that I am freed so that I might work with God in this field called Earth. So God’s message for me today is that starts with the fact that I am free in Christ, by the Blood and the Cross of Jesus.
Which book did Jesus directly write?
Jesus did not directly write any of the Bible. The Bible is collection of stories and saying by the followers of Jesus, usually believed to have been compiled between 30–100 years after Jesus’ death.
Which gospel is longest?
The Gospel according to Luke (Greek: Εὐαγγέλιον κατὰ Λουκᾶν, romanized: Euangélion katà Loukân), also called the Gospel of Luke, or simply Luke, tells of the origins, birth, ministry, death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ.
What is the first verse of the Bible?
Bible Gateway Genesis 1:: NIV. In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.
Why did David write Psalm 37?
It can be seen that David’s goal in writing Psalm 37 was to remind the reader of his place in God’s creation. We are reminded not to fret over the temporary successes of the wicked and to take comfort in God’s promise to the righteous. He will reward His children in the end.
What is Psalms 119 talking about?
The focus of Psalm 119 is the supernatural power of the Bible. When we read the Bible and study the Bible and most of all apply the Bible its supernatural power flows into our lives. The Bible is modern day spinach! Psalm 119 verse 1 says, “How blessed are those whose way is blameless, who walk in the law of the Lord.
What does Beth mean in Psalms 119?
Beth: Cleansing One’s Way.