Here are a few examples of Bible characters to be inspired and comforted by in these challenging times.
- JOB. Perhaps no Bible character has suffered more than Job.
- DAVID. David is a Bible character who is no stranger to hard times.
- MOSES. Moses is another Bible character who suffered several instances of hard times.
- 1 Who had depression in the Bible?
- 2 Who went through tough times in the Bible?
- 3 Who in the Bible felt unqualified?
- 4 Who went through a process in the Bible?
- 5 Who were rejected in the Bible?
- 6 Who had fear in the Bible?
- 7 How did Joseph suffer in the Bible?
- 8 Who was a bad leader in the Bible?
- 9 How does the Bible deal with disappointment?
- 10 Who disobeyed God in the Bible?
- 11 Who made mistakes in the Bible?
- 12 Who betrayed Jesus?
- 13 How do you hold God in difficult times?
- 14 How do you wait on God’s timing?
Who had depression in the Bible?
Elijah, a prophet, Biblical hero, and person of faith, was seriously depressed.
Who went through tough times in the Bible?
2. Moses. Here’s another Bible character who God journeyed with through tough times. Earlier on in his life, Moses ran to the wilderness to flee from Pharaoh who wanted to kill him.
Who in the Bible felt unqualified?
Paul is the perfect example of someone highly unqualified. He had strong Jewish faith that he persecuted the apostles and anyone who believed in Jesus. In Acts we see Stephan, who is a faithful disciple of Jesus, being falsely accused and then sentenced to death by stoning.
Who went through a process in the Bible?
God anointed David so long before he became king because God wanted to take David through a process, and the anointing was a reminder of the promise that the process would bring.
Who were rejected in the Bible?
Rejection in the Bible: 3 People Who Were Rejected
- Jesus Was Rejected. When those you care about you reject you, and you’re in pain over it, it’s easy to dismiss the fact that Jesus’s people rejected him, too.
- Joseph Was Rejected.
- Hagar Was Rejected.
Who had fear in the Bible?
Moses faced his insecurity and fears by responding to God’s call to go back to Egypt where his fears began. He was motivated by God’s vision of working through him to save his people, the Jews, from the suffering they were experiencing.
How did Joseph suffer in the Bible?
The predictable effect of Joseph’s “indiscretion” was alienation from his brothers who sold him into slavery —the first real test of his character. Not only did Joseph pass this test, he also passed a second by refusing a very different kind of “indiscretion” with Pharaoh’s wife. Joseph is sold into slavery: that’s bad!
Who was a bad leader in the Bible?
1. King David committed adultery and murder. The comments of Nathan suggests greed was at the root of the problem when he states that God said: “If all this had been too little, I would have given you even more” (II Samuel 12:8).
How does the Bible deal with disappointment?
13 Bible Verses to Overcome Disappointment
- Believe in God’s plan. Our God is a miracle worker.
- Grieve. Things have not gone the way you wanted.
- Pray. You had to know this was coming, right?
- Listen and wait. Big things happen when we pray.
- Search for the good.
- Believe in yourself.
Who disobeyed God in the Bible?
Adam and Eve live together in Paradise (or what the Bible calls the Garden of Eden) until they disobey God by eating fruit from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil.
Who made mistakes in the Bible?
Adam and Eve. Within the first three chapters of the Bible, Adam and Eve made the biggest mistake in the history of the world: they ate the forbidden fruit — the one thing God asks them not to do. This doesn’t just make things awkward when God comes looking for them, it messes things up for all of humankind.
Who betrayed Jesus?
As told in the New Testament Gospels, Judas betrayed Jesus for “30 pieces of silver,” identifying him with a kiss in front of Roman soldiers.
How do you hold God in difficult times?
When trusting the Lord in difficult times, go to the promises of God. God’s Word is loaded with promises that teach us about having faith in God during hard times. He tells us to not worry, to pray and He will give us peace like you can’t imagine. He tells us that He is there with us, in the trenches.
How do you wait on God’s timing?
5 Ways to Be Patient Waiting On God’s Timing
- Pray for patience and fortitude through the waiting season.
- Pray for God to reveal the next step or the next season.
- Pray for your heart to be open to the work God’s doing through this current season.
- Pray for transformation and renewal.