To cite a specific passage from the Bible, include an abbreviated book title followed by a chapter and verse number in the in-text citation.
How to cite the Bible in APA Style.
|Format||Bible Version Title. (Year). Publisher. URL|
|Reference entry||English Standard Version Bible. (2001). ESV Online. https://esv.literalword.com/|
- 1 Does the Bible get cited in APA?
- 2 How do I cite the Bible?
- 3 How do you cite the Bible KJV APA?
- 4 How do I cite the NIV Bible?
- 5 How do you cite the Bible in APA 7?
- 6 How do I cite the NIV Bible in APA 7th edition?
- 7 Is Bible capitalized?
- 8 How do you quote Bible verses in a blog?
- 9 How do you cite Psalms?
Does the Bible get cited in APA?
Citation Generator Note: Classical religious texts, like the Bible, do not require a citation in the reference list in APA style. However, you must include an in-text citation anytime you reference these texts in your writing.
How do I cite the Bible?
Title of the Bible, Version. Editor, Publisher, Year. The first time you cite the Bible in-text, include the name of the version of the Bible, followed by an abbreviation of the book, the chapter and verse(s). For subsequent references, simply include the book, chapter, and verse.
How do you cite the Bible KJV APA?
APA: Translation, Year, Book Chapter: Verse(s) For APA, you include the Bible and date of publication “as cited in” then the citation information. “Quote” (King James Version, 1604, as cited in Smith, 2020).
How do I cite the NIV Bible?
Works Cited Citation for a Print Version of the Bible Edited by Editor’s First and Last Name, Bible Version, Publisher, Year of Publication. Example: Holy Bible. New International Version, Zondervan Publishing House, 1984.
How do you cite the Bible in APA 7?
When quoting the Bible, you must cite the Bible version in the body of the paper and include it in your reference list. When citing the Bible the in-text citation should follow the order of the template as shown here: Template: Bible Version, Date of Publication, Book chapter and verse.
How do I cite the NIV Bible in APA 7th edition?
- Narrative citation first time cited. The Holy Bible: New International Version (NIV, 1978/1983, John 3:16)
- Narrative citation for second and following citations. NIV (1978/1983, John 3:35)
- Parenthetical citation first time cited.
- Parenthetical citation for second and following citations.
Is Bible capitalized?
Bible/ biblical 1. Capitalize Bible and all nouns referring to sacred texts.
How do you quote Bible verses in a blog?
2. Tips to Help You Cite the Specific Translation Clearly. Use a comma after the reference, followed by the version abbreviation in capitals, to indicate the specific version you quote: John 3:16, KJV. (For a list of Bible versions and appropriate abbreviations, see Bible Gateway.)
How do you cite Psalms?
Citation. In APA style, the in-text citation for a psalm includes more specific information about the reference, so you do not include the Bible on your references page. Instead of a page number, the parenthetical citation lists the book, chapter and verse with a colon between the chapter and verse.