John 15:12: My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Corinthians 16:14: Do everything in love. 1 Peter 4:8: Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
- 1 Which Bible chapter is about love?
- 2 What God says about love relationships?
- 3 What kind of love is in 1 Corinthians 13?
- 4 What are the 4 types of love in the Bible?
- 5 What did Paul say about love?
- 6 What is love in biblical way?
- 7 Is kissing a sin?
- 8 What did Jesus say about love in the Bible?
- 9 Can we kiss before marriage?
- 10 What are the 7 types of love?
- 11 What are the 3 types of love in the Bible?
- 12 What does Corinthians 13 4/7 say about love?
- 13 What is the greatest love story in the Bible?
- 14 What is the difference between agape and Phileo love?
Which Bible chapter is about love?
1 Corinthians 13 1 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
What God says about love relationships?
21. Ephesians 4:2: “Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.” 22. 1 Peter 4:8: “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.”
What kind of love is in 1 Corinthians 13?
Agapē is the word for love used in 1 Corinthians 13. 1. To say that agape love is the highest form of love is not to say other kinds of love are insignificant or trivial. God created sexual love (eros) to be expressed in marriage between husbands and wives.
What are the 4 types of love in the Bible?
The four loves
- Storge – empathy bond.
- Philia – friend bond.
- Eros – romantic love.
- Agape – unconditional “God” love.
What did Paul say about love?
Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, is not pompous, it is not inflated, it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury, it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth.
What is love in biblical way?
The biblical view of love is that it comes from God (i.e., God’s Love). Biblical love is all-consuming, empowering, and lives in each of us. Our heart is the symbol of the love that resides in us, and God is the symbol of the love that reflects down on Earth.
Is kissing a sin?
Answer: Kissing is Not Always a Sin. Kissing is a way to show affection to someone you love, however it can become a sin if taken too far, eg French kissing, kissing passionately, caressing etc. To have a strong desire for a sin, even if it isn’t done, is still sinful.
What did Jesus say about love in the Bible?
Matthew 22:37-40 KJV Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
Can we kiss before marriage?
There’s so much to be said here, but in an effort to stay away from the “shame-based” approach toward physical interaction – and to answer your question frankly: no, I don’t kissing before marriage is wrong. “Make sure your kiss is a reflection of your love – not your lust.”
What are the 7 types of love?
7 Distinct Greek Words Describe Different Kinds of Love—Which Have You Experienced?
- Eros: romantic, passionate love.
- Philia: intimate, authentic friendship.
- Ludus: playful, flirtatious love.
- Storge: unconditional, familial love.
- Philautia: self-love.
- Pragma: committed, companionate love.
- Agápe: empathetic, universal love.
What are the 3 types of love in the Bible?
Four unique forms of love are found in Scripture. They are communicated through four Greek words (Eros, Storge, Philia, and Agape) and are characterized by romantic love, family love, brotherly love, and God’s divine love.
What does Corinthians 13 4/7 say about love?
Corinthians 13: 4-7 goes as follows: ” Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
What is the greatest love story in the Bible?
From Genesis to Revelation the Bible is an integrated message, telling one of the most romantic and passionate love stories ever told: the story of God and man. It begins in Genesis as we witness the beauty of his relationship with Adam and Eve and glimpse the enormity of his love for them.
What is the difference between agape and Phileo love?
The first two times, the Bible uses the ‘agape’ form of love, which is understood to be a general meaning of the word. But the third time that Jesus asks Peter if he loves Him, He uses ‘phileo,’ which speaks of affection, fondness and liking the other. This love is companionable and relational.