Psalm 9:18 “For the needy shall not always be forgotten, the expectation of the poor shall not perish forever.” Ephesians 3:20 “Now unto Him that is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the Power that worketh in us”.
- 1 What does the Bible say about self expectations?
- 2 What does the Bible say about exceeding expectations?
- 3 What does the Bible say about expecting something in return?
- 4 What is God’s expectation for us?
- 5 What is the power of expectation?
- 6 What is the saying about expectations?
- 7 Is it good to exceed expectations?
- 8 Who should not expect to receive anything from God?
- 9 Is it good to everyone without expecting?
- 10 When you give do not expect anything in return?
- 11 How can I stop expectation?
- 12 Does God expect us to do our part?
- 13 How do you live with your expectations?
What does the Bible say about self expectations?
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. When you don’t feel like you’re good enough, it’s easy to want to blend in, hide in the back, and avoid bringing any attention to yourself.
What does the Bible say about exceeding expectations?
Ephesians 3:20 NLT says, “Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.” The Message Bible reads, “ God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams!
What does the Bible say about expecting something in return?
“ But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great.”
What is God’s expectation for us?
God expects us to accept His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, as our Savior. He expects us to give our lives to Him, and in so doing, develop the character of Christ. God wants us to become more like Christ.
What is the power of expectation?
The power of expectation subconsciously controls your life to finally create self fulfilling prophesies. The expectations of those around you modify your behavior for better, or for worse. Your own expectations can fill you with energy, or drive you into despair and despondency.
What is the saying about expectations?
“ If you expect nothing from somebody you are never disappointed.” “Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.” “When you stop expecting people to be perfect, you can like them for who they are.”
Is it good to exceed expectations?
Exceeding expectations is a completely voluntary activity and when it becomes foundational to the way you think it has the power to elevate value and become the seed for new opportunity. It is rare for anyone to exceed expectations unless they do it on purpose.
Who should not expect to receive anything from God?
James 1:7, NIV: “That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord.” James 1:7, KJV: “For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.”
Is it good to everyone without expecting?
Do good to everyone without expecting anything in return because some fragrance always remains cling to the those hands who distribute roses.
When you give do not expect anything in return?
This powerful psychological principle states that if you give someone something, the recipient will feel compelled to return the favor. It doesn’t matter if you give someone a gift, a kind gesture, or a material possession. The result is the same — they’ll feel that they owe you!
How can I stop expectation?
How to Defeat Expectations
- Put your oxygen mask first: The first step to getting rid of expectations is to treat yourself kindly.
- Adjust the Way You Think. You cannot control what others think about you, but you can choose how you talk to yourself.
- Speak Up.
- Free Yourself and Free Others.
- Stop Judging, Stop Expecting.
Does God expect us to do our part?
Truth is, when we ask the Lord to do something for us, we must be ready to do our part. God wants us to become co-laborers with Him. He will not do our part, and we can never ever do “His impossible for us to do” part.
How do you live with your expectations?
Tips for Letting Go of Others’ Expectations
- Put the expectations in perspective. Remember that someone else’s expectation of you is theirs, not yours—and therefore it is their problem, not yours.
- Check your own expectations of others.
- Cultivate your inner voice.
- Begin saying what you want.