When quoting the Bible, you must cite the Bible version in the body of the paper and include it in your reference list. When citing the Bible the in-text citation should follow the order of the template as shown here: Template: Bible Version, Date of Publication, Book chapter and verse.
- 1 Do you cite the Bible in APA?
- 2 How do you cite the NIV Bible?
- 3 How do you in-text cite the Bible?
- 4 How do you cite a book in APA 7th edition?
- 5 How do you cite the King James Bible?
- 6 Is biblical capitalized?
- 7 How do you cite a study Bible?
- 8 How do you cite a book in APA in-text?
- 9 How do you do APA format?
- 10 Is APA 7th edition double spaced?
- 11 How do you cite a book with no author in APA 7th edition?
Do you cite the Bible in APA?
Citation Generator Note: Classical religious texts, like the Bible, do not require a citation in the reference list in APA style. However, you must include an in-text citation anytime you reference these texts in your writing.
How do you cite the NIV Bible?
Works Cited Citation for a Print Version of the Bible Edited by Editor’s First and Last Name, Bible Version, Publisher, Year of Publication. Example: Holy Bible. New International Version, Zondervan Publishing House, 1984.
How do you in-text cite the Bible?
The Bible. Italicize “The Bible” and follow it with the version you are using. Remember that your in-text (parenthetical citation) should include the name of the specific edition of the Bible, followed by an abbreviation of the book, the chapter and verse(s).
How do you cite a book in APA 7th edition?
Basic format to reference a book
- Author or authors. The surname is followed by first initials.
- Year of publication of the book (in round brackets).
- Book title (in italics).
- Edition (in round brackets), if other than first.
- The first line of each citation is left adjusted.
How do you cite the King James Bible?
Put the citation in a “Work Cited” list at the conclusion of your report. If you are typing, make sure to italicize the citation. Write “The Holy Bible: King James Version” followed by the publishing city and state (abbreviated), publisher company name and year it was published.
Is biblical capitalized?
Bible/ biblical Capitalize Bible and all nouns referring to sacred texts. Lowercase the word biblical and other adjectives derived from names of sacred texts.
How do you cite a study Bible?
In your Works Cited, include the title of the Bible, the version, and the publication information.
- Here are some examples for citing print and online editions of the Bible:
- Zondervan NIV Study Bible (K. L. Barker, Ed.; Full rev.
- The English Standard Version Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments with Apocrypha.
How do you cite a book in APA in-text?
Using In-text Citation APA in-text citation style uses the author’s last name and the year of publication, for example: (Field, 2005). For direct quotations, include the page number as well, for example: (Field, 2005, p. 14). For sources such as websites and e-books that have no page numbers, use a paragraph number.
How do you do APA format?
APA Paper Formatting Basics
- All text should be double-spaced.
- Use one-inch margins on all sides.
- All paragraphs in the body are indented.
- Make sure that the title is centered on the page with your name and school/institution underneath.
- Use 12-point font throughout.
- All pages should be numbered in the upper right hand corner.
Is APA 7th edition double spaced?
Use double line spacing throughout the text, including “the title page, abstract, text, headings, block quotations, reference list, table and figure notes, and appendices” (APA, 2020, p.
If a book has no author or editor, begin the citation with the book title, followed by the year of publication in round brackets. If an author is also the publisher, put the word “Author” where you’d normally put the publisher name.