- 1 How do you cite the Bible in APA 7th edition?
- 2 How do you cite the Bible?
- 3 How do you cite a religious text in APA?
- 4 How do you cite a website in APA 7th edition?
- 5 What’s new in APA 7th edition?
- 6 How do you parenthetically cite the Bible?
- 7 How do you cite an online Bible?
- 8 How do I cite Bible Gateway?
- 9 How do you cite a religious text?
- 10 How do you reference a Bible verse Harvard?
- 11 How do you cite a website with no date in APA 7th edition?
- 12 How do you cite a PDF in APA 7th edition?
- 13 How do I cite the World Health Organization in APA 7th edition?
How do you cite the Bible in APA 7th edition?
When quoting the Bible, you must cite the Bible version in the body of the paper and include it in your reference list. When citing the Bible the in-text citation should follow the order of the template as shown below. Template: Bible Version, Date of Publication, Book chapter and verse.
How do you cite the Bible?
You do not need to include the Bible in your bibliography. When citing a passage of scripture, include the abbreviated name of the book, the chapter number, and the verse number—never a page number. Chapter and verse are separated by a colon. Example: 1 Cor.
How do you cite a religious text in APA?
APA referencing doesn’t use standard citations for religious or classical texts. Instead, you simply need to specify the version the first time you mention it: In the Bible (King James Version), food plays a major role.
How do you cite a website in APA 7th edition?
- Author(s). Note: List each author’s last name and initials as Author, A. A., Author, B. B., & Author, C. C.
- (Year, Month Date). Note: Read more about date formats from the APA Style website.
- Title of page or section. Note: Italicize the title of the page.
What’s new in APA 7th edition?
The biggest changes in the 7th edition are:
- The publisher location is no longer included in the reference.
- The in-text citation for works with three or more authors is now shortened right from the first citation.
- Surnames and initials for up to 20 authors (instead of 7) should be provided in the reference entry.
How do you parenthetically cite the Bible?
Parenthetical Citations: The first time you reference a version of the Bible, in the in-text citations, give the name of the edition (italicized), followed by a comma and the abbreviated book (see back of handout), chapter, and verse. Use a period, not a colon, between the chapter and verse: John 3.16.
How do you cite an online Bible?
Whether you are citing a print or online version of the Bible, the in-text citation format remains the same. You will need the Bible verse you are quoting, including the book name, chapter number, and verse number. For longer book names, you will use an abbreviated version in your in-text citation (MLA Handbook 1872).
How do I cite Bible Gateway?
Bible Gateway, www.biblegateway.com/versions/New- International-Version-NIV-Bible/ Wright, N.T., translator. The Kingdom New Testament: A Contemporary Translation. 1st ed., Harper One, 2011. (usually the title of the edition), followed by a comma, and then the passage.
How do you cite a religious text?
Editor statement, First Name Last Name of Editor, Publisher, Year of publication. The New Jerusalem Bible. General editor, Henry Wansbrough, Doubleday, 1985. Note: The titles of books of scripture are often abbreviated for the in-text citation.
How do you reference a Bible verse Harvard?
To be made up of:
- Book of the Bible.
- Chapter: verse.
- Holy Bible (not in italics).
- Version of the Holy Bible.
How do you cite a website with no date in APA 7th edition?
Use title in place of author. Use “n.d.” (“no date”) in place of date. Describe the source in brackets. Use title in place of author; use “n.d.” in place of date.
How do you cite a PDF in APA 7th edition?
In an APA citation, cite a PDF the same way you would cite a webpage, and include the PDF link as the URL. In Chicago style, after the title, you can add the same description without brackets (separated by a period).
How do I cite the World Health Organization in APA 7th edition?
Citing a Web Page or Report from the WHO. Use “World Health Organization” as the author. With any citation, you begin with the author’s name. In this case, the report was authored by the organization, so you’ll use “World Health Organization” at the beginning of the citation, followed by a period.