To cite a specific passage from the Bible, include an abbreviated book title followed by a chapter and verse number in the in-text citation.
How to cite the Bible in APA Style.
|Format||Bible Version Title. (Year). Publisher. URL|
|Reference entry||English Standard Version Bible. (2001). ESV Online. https://esv.literalword.com/|
- 1 How do you in-text cite the Bible?
- 2 How do you cite the Bible in APA 8?
- 3 How do I cite the NIV Bible?
- 4 How do you paraphrase the Bible in APA?
- 5 Do I have to cite the Bible in APA?
- 6 How do you cite the Bible in APA 7?
- 7 How do you cite the Bible app?
- 8 Is biblical capitalized?
- 9 How do you make an APA reference page?
- 10 How do you cite the New International Version of the Bible in APA?
- 11 How do you cite the Bible Wikihow?
- 12 How do you cite APA?
- 13 How do you cite the King James Bible?
How do you in-text cite the Bible?
The Bible. Italicize “The Bible” and follow it with the version you are using. Remember that your in-text (parenthetical citation) should include the name of the specific edition of the Bible, followed by an abbreviation of the book, the chapter and verse(s).
How do you cite the Bible in APA 8?
The Bible is treated like a book with no author. In the in-text citation, the original year of publication is given, along with the publication year of the current version or reprinting, separated by a forward slash. When referring to a verse or passage, give the Bible reference instead of page numbers.
How do I cite the NIV Bible?
In your Works Cited, include the title of the Bible, the version, and the publication information.
- Here are some examples for citing print and online editions of the Bible:
- Zondervan NIV Study Bible (K. L. Barker, Ed.; Full rev.
- The English Standard Version Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments with Apocrypha.
How do you paraphrase the Bible in APA?
The first time you paraphrase or quote from the Bible, identify which version of the Bible that you used. Include both the original and republished publication dates in the reference. You do not need to repeat the version name in subsequent references. Then cite the Bible in your reference list.
Do I have to cite the Bible in APA?
Citation Generator Note: Classical religious texts, like the Bible, do not require a citation in the reference list in APA style. However, you must include an in-text citation anytime you reference these texts in your writing.
How do you cite the Bible in APA 7?
When quoting the Bible, you must cite the Bible version in the body of the paper and include it in your reference list. When citing the Bible the in-text citation should follow the order of the template as shown here: Template: Bible Version, Date of Publication, Book chapter and verse.
How do you cite the Bible app?
Format: Title. Name of translation Version. App Title, app version number, app publisher, year of app publication.
Is biblical capitalized?
Bible/ biblical Capitalize Bible and all nouns referring to sacred texts. Lowercase the word biblical and other adjectives derived from names of sacred texts.
How do you make an APA reference page?
What are the key rules of creating an APA References list?
- Center the word “References” in bold font at the top of a new page.
- Double spacing is used throughout this page.
- Alphabetize entries by authors’ last names.
- Create a hanging indent for each individual source you add to the list.
How do you cite the New International Version of the Bible in APA?
Citation: The Holy Bible, new international version. (1984). Grand Rapids: Zondervan Publishing House.
How do you cite the Bible Wikihow?
The first time you reference the Bible in your paper, add a parenthetical citation at the end of the sentence, inside the closing punctuation. Type the name of the version of the Bible you used in italics, followed by a comma. Then provide the book, chapter, and verse in regular font.
How do you cite APA?
APA citation basics When using APA format, follow the author-date method of in-text citation. This means that the author’s last name and the year of publication for the source should appear in the text, for example, (Jones, 1998), and a complete reference should appear in the reference list at the end of the paper.
How do you cite the King James Bible?
Put the citation in a “Work Cited” list at the conclusion of your report. If you are typing, make sure to italicize the citation. Write “The Holy Bible: King James Version” followed by the publishing city and state (abbreviated), publisher company name and year it was published.