I Corinthians 13:4-8 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
- 1 What are the 4 types of love in the Bible?
- 2 What did Jesus say about love in the Bible?
- 3 How does God tell us to love?
- 4 What is God’s love according to the Bible?
- 5 What is the greatest love story in the Bible?
- 6 What did Paul say about love?
- 7 What does God say about loving yourself?
- 8 What did Jesus teach us about love?
- 9 What does the Bible say about not having love?
- 10 How do we love one another?
- 11 What are the 3 types of biblical love?
- 12 What are the 3 types of love?
What are the 4 types of love in the Bible?
The four loves
- Storge – empathy bond.
- Philia – friend bond.
- Eros – romantic love.
- Agape – unconditional “God” love.
What did Jesus say about love in the Bible?
Matthew 22:37-40 KJV Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
How does God tell us to love?
Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.” “ Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.” “My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.” “And now these three remain: faith, hope and love.
What is God’s love according to the Bible?
Love is a key attribute of God in Christianity. 1 John 4:8 and 16 state that “God is love; and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.” John 3:16 states: “God so loved the world” In the New Testament, God’s love for humanity or the world is expressed in Greek as agape (ἀγάπη).
What is the greatest love story in the Bible?
From Genesis to Revelation the Bible is an integrated message, telling one of the most romantic and passionate love stories ever told: the story of God and man. It begins in Genesis as we witness the beauty of his relationship with Adam and Eve and glimpse the enormity of his love for them.
What did Paul say about love?
Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, is not pompous, it is not inflated, it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury, it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth.
What does God say about loving yourself?
Mark 12:30-31 KJV. And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
What did Jesus teach us about love?
In John 13:34-35 Jesus states “ A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Our discipleship and our knowledge of God can be measured by whether or not we love one another.
What does the Bible say about not having love?
Bible Gateway 1 Corinthians 13:: NIV. If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
How do we love one another?
How to Love One Another
- Love others by encouraging them. “Love is patient, love is kind…
- Pray for one another. “…it does not envy…”
- Act humbly towards others.
- Be hospitable to everyone.
- Serve others with love.
- Live at peace with one another.
- Show love with forgiveness.
- Don’t badmouth others.
What are the 3 types of biblical love?
3 Kinds of Love (Session 8 – 1 Corinthians 13:1-13)
- Eros refers to physical or sexual love. The word eros was commonly used in the Greek-speaking world of New Testament times.
- Philos means warm affection or friendship.
- Agapē is the sacrificial, unconditional love of God.
What are the 3 types of love?
Each love feels totally unique from the other and teaches us something different that shapes the person that we becoming. The three types of love are the first love, the intense love, and the unconditional love. Ahead, we’re breaking down the meaning of each and what you typically learn from each stage of love.