“The Bible says, ‘He who loves to sleep and the folding of hands, poverty will set upon you like a thief in the night. ‘”
- 1 What Scripture talks about sleep?
- 2 Do not love sleep or you will grow poor verse?
- 3 What the Bible Says About sweet sleep?
- 4 Is it a sin to be lazy?
- 5 What does Psalms 27 say?
- 6 What is a good bedtime prayer?
- 7 What is the meaning of Proverbs 24 33?
- 8 What does God say about laziness?
- 9 Does the Bible Say Not To sleep With Anger?
- 10 How can you tell if God is trying to tell you something?
- 11 What Jesus said about rest?
- 12 What is the verse Jeremiah 29 11?
- 13 Is over eating a sin?
- 14 What does Bible say about depression?
- 15 What God says about working hard?
What Scripture talks about sleep?
The Top 10 Bible Verses to Read When You Can’t Sleep
- “When you lie down, you will not be afraid, when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.” (
- “I lay down and slept, yet I woke up in safety, for the LORD was watching over me.” (
- “Be still, and know that I am God.” (Psalm 46:10)
Do not love sleep or you will grow poor verse?
Proverb for the Day 20:13 — GET UP!!! Do not love sleep or you will grow poor; stay awake and you will have food to spare. A common theme in Proverbs, this verse is about laziness.
What the Bible Says About sweet sleep?
Long life and sweet sleep The rest of the scripture brings so much comfort to the reader that there is no doubt that by the time they get to verse 24 they will be resting in the Lord and indeed, walking in safety and have a night of sweet sleep.
Is it a sin to be lazy?
Laziness is a sin, but you can rest in Jesus at any time, even when you’re working and even in the most chaotic and stressful of times. God is offering you and me grace when we repent and ask for help with our laziness.
What does Psalms 27 say?
Psalm 27 Of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation– whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life– of whom shall I be afraid? When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall.
What is a good bedtime prayer?
Father, we thank thee for the night, and for the pleasant morning light. For rest and food and loving care, and all that makes the day so fair. Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep, watch and guard me through the night, and wake me with the morning light.
What is the meaning of Proverbs 24 33?
February 24, 2015. A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest— and poverty will come on you like a thief and scarcity like an armed man. This wise saying addresses a regular theme in Proverbs and is identical to 6:10-11.
What does God say about laziness?
” Diligent hands will rule, but laziness ends in forced labor.” “A sluggard’s appetite is never filled, but the desires of the diligent are fully satisfied.” “All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.” “Whoever is lazy regarding his work is also a brother to the master of destruction.”
Does the Bible Say Not To sleep With Anger?
What Paul says is, ” Be angry but do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, and do not make room for the devil.” What he is saying here is that we can get angry. Anger can destroy families, relationships, and even lives.
How can you tell if God is trying to tell you something?
3 Common Signs God Is Trying To Tell You Something
- Repetitive Messages. One really obvious way that God tries to get your attention is repetition.
- Friendly Fire. Another obvious sign God is trying to get your attention is through your friends.
- Hardened Heart.
What Jesus said about rest?
The Jesus said, “ Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will give rest for your souls.
What is the verse Jeremiah 29 11?
“’ For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. ‘” — Jeremiah 29:11.
Is over eating a sin?
There are places where the bible warns against overeating as it may make a person sick (Proverbs 25:16), but nowhere where he calls it an outright sin.
What does Bible say about depression?
“ Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” The Good News: Dealing with depression can be scary. But this verse reminds you that with God on your side, there’s nothing to fear.
What God says about working hard?
“Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.”