1 : likely to cause disagreement or argument a contentious issue. 2 : exhibiting an often perverse and wearisome tendency to quarrels and disputes a man of a most contentious nature.
- 1 What is a contentious person?
- 2 What is the example of contentious?
- 3 What is the meaning of a contentious woman?
- 4 What does the Bible say about quarrelsome woman?
- 5 How do you deal with a contentious person?
- 6 What is a meaning contentious?
- 7 What is contentious example sentence?
- 8 What is contentious relationship?
- 9 How do you use contrite in a sentence?
- 10 How do you deal with a nagging wife in the Bible?
- 11 How do you deal with a contentious wife?
- 12 What does dissensions mean in the Bible?
- 13 What is a contrary spirit?
- 14 How do I get rid of my quarrelsome wife?
- 15 What does the Bible say about anger in marriage?
What is a contentious person?
contentious Add to list Share. A contentious issue is one that people are likely to argue about, and a contentious person is someone who likes to argue or fight. Some issues are very controversial. They’re also contentious, because people tend to argue about them, and the arguments will probably go on forever.
What is the example of contentious?
An example of contentious is a person who always likes to argue. An example of contentious is a tense situation that is likely to lead to arguments. Always ready to argue; quarrelsome. Given to struggling with others out of jealousy or discord.
What is the meaning of a contentious woman?
Being contentious means; tending to argument, strife; quarrelsome. “The woman of folly is boisterous. She is naive, and knows nothing.” Proverbs 9:13. “It is better to live in a desert land, than with a contentious and vexing woman.” Proverbs 21:19.
What does the Bible say about quarrelsome woman?
Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife. Living with a difficult wife (19:13; 21:19; 25:24) is a constant theme in Proverbs – because the book is guy talk, father to son!
How do you deal with a contentious person?
Here’s 9 tips which I’ve found to work in dealing with such people:
- Be calm.
- Understand the person’s intentions.
- Get some perspective from others.
- Let the person know where you are coming from.
- Build a rapport.
- Treat the person with respect.
- Focus on what can be actioned upon.
What is a meaning contentious?
1: likely to cause disagreement or argument a contentious issue. 2: exhibiting an often perverse and wearisome tendency to quarrels and disputes a man of a most contentious nature.
What is contentious example sentence?
The candidate’s stance on abortion will be a contentious topic among voters. 5. While my grandfather was adored by many people, quite a few others found him to be a contentious man. 6. If this case goes to court, it could be a contentious trial which might last for months.
What is contentious relationship?
1 tending to argue or quarrel. 2 causing or characterized by dispute; controversial. 3 (Law) relating to a cause or legal business that is contested, esp. a probate matter.
How do you use contrite in a sentence?
Contrite sentence example
- I’m sure God has forgiven their little transgressions and the two of them are contrite for their actions.
- I tried to look contrite.
- The sacrifice acceptable to God is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
How do you deal with a nagging wife in the Bible?
“ It is better to live in a corner of the housetop than in a house shared with a quarrelsome wife.” It clearly states that it is better to live on the roof than with a nagging wife and most husbands experiencing this situation would agree.
How do you deal with a contentious wife?
Here are 10 effective ways to transform your relationship with a quarrelsome wife:
- When dealing with a quarrelsome wife, be patient.
- But don’t be indifferent.
- Surprise her.
- Talk to each other.
- Don’t lose interest.
- Don’t let it affect your self-esteem.
- Take care of yourself.
- Let your needs be known to your quarrelsome wife.
What does dissensions mean in the Bible?
strong disagreement; a contention or quarrel; discord. difference in sentiment or opinion; disagreement.
What is a contrary spirit?
1 adj Ideas, attitudes, or reactions that are contraryto each other are completely different from each other. usu v-link ADJ to n.
How do I get rid of my quarrelsome wife?
12 Ways To Deal With A Nagging Wife
- Don’t answer back.
- Remember, the boss is always right.
- Dealing with a nagging wife – Talk it out.
- Identify your mistake and apologize.
- Listen to what she has to say.
- Try to see things from her perspective.
- Talk about your perspective.
- Work on yourself.
What does the Bible say about anger in marriage?
Scripture doesn’t tell us to never feel angry, but rather to “be angry and sin not”( Ephesians 4:26 ). Expressing anger inappropriately in marriage, especially in a Christian marriage should be avoided because prolonged anger hurts deeply and destroys marital harmony, perhaps as much as an act of infidelity.