“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” “For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.” But there is forgiveness with You, that You may be feared.”
- 1 Does the Bible say all sins can be forgiven?
- 2 How does God forgive our sins?
- 3 What are the 3 worst sins?
- 4 Which sin is unforgivable in the Bible?
- 5 Does God forgive sins without confession?
- 6 How do I ask God for forgiveness after sinning?
- 7 What does Jesus teach about forgiveness?
- 8 Can God forgive murderers?
- 9 Can Christians have tattoos?
- 10 How do you repent?
- 11 Is playing the lottery a sin?
- 12 Can you commit the unpardonable sin in your mind?
Does the Bible say all sins can be forgiven?
In the Book of Matthew (12: 31-32), we read, “Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. I believe that God can forgive all sins provided the sinner is truly contrite and has repented for his or her offenses.
How does God forgive our sins?
If you confess and your sins to God, He will forgive you. John 1 1:9 says, “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” The Lord will forgive us when we come to Him openly and admit the sin we have committed.
What are the 3 worst sins?
These “evil thoughts” can be categorized into three types: lustful appetite (gluttony, fornication, and avarice) irascibility (wrath) corruption of the mind (vainglory, sorrow, pride, and discouragement)
Which sin is unforgivable in the Bible?
One eternal or unforgivable sin (blasphemy against the Holy Spirit), also known as the sin unto death, is specified in several passages of the Synoptic Gospels, including Mark 3:28–29, Matthew 12:31–32, and Luke 12:10, as well as other New Testament passages including Hebrews 6:4-6, Hebrews 10:26-31, and 1 John 5:16.
Does God forgive sins without confession?
God absolutely forgives your sins, even if you don’t confess them to a priest.
How do I ask God for forgiveness after sinning?
Tell yourself you believe Him and tell God you believe Him.
- 1 John 1:9 tells you that, “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” Say this scripture to God and believe it.
- It’s important to remember that forgiven sins are forgotten.
What does Jesus teach about forgiveness?
In John’s Gospel (20:23) Jesus tells the disciples, ” If you forgive anyone’s sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven “.
Can God forgive murderers?
Yes, God can forgive a murderer, because He already has. The Bible says, “Seek the Lord while he may be found. for he will freely pardon” (Isaiah 55:6-7).
Can Christians have tattoos?
The Hebrew prohibition is based on interpreting Leviticus 19:28—”Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you”—so as to prohibit tattoos, and perhaps even makeup. Under this interpretation, tattooing is permitted to Jews and Christians.
How do you repent?
Principles of Repentance
- We Must Recognize Our Sins. To repent, we must admit to ourselves that we have sinned.
- We Must Feel Sorrow for Our Sins.
- We Must Forsake Our Sins.
- We Must Confess Our Sins.
- We Must Make Restitution.
- We Must Forgive Others.
- We Must Keep the Commandments of God.
Is playing the lottery a sin?
The short answer is: yes; Christians have the freedom to play the lottery and gamble. However, just because Scripture doesn’t explicitly call something a sin doesn’t mean you shouldn’t prayerfully consider it ask seek the Lord’s opinion of it for your own life.
Can you commit the unpardonable sin in your mind?
Humanly speaking, everyone who is a Christian is capable of committing the unforgivable sin. However, I believe that the Lord of glory who has saved us and sealed us in the Holy Spirit will never let us commit that sin. Thanks be to God that the sin that is unpardonable is not a sin He allows His people to commit.