“The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” The Good News: Though you may feel defeated, God is closer than you realize. He is always with you and can heal your heart. “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
- 1 What is the biblical meaning of brokenness?
- 2 How does God use our brokenness?
- 3 Where in the Bible talks about brokenness?
- 4 How do you deal with brokenness?
- 5 What does a contrite spirit mean?
- 6 Where is God in my brokenness?
- 7 How do you find beauty in brokenness?
- 8 What does the Bible say about a crushed spirit?
- 9 What does a broken and contrite spirit mean?
- 10 What is the verse Jeremiah 29 11?
What is the biblical meaning of brokenness?
Brokenness, in God’s eyes, is being so crushed by the sin and darkness of the world that we recognize there is no place to turn but to God. David’s life and brokenness is a perfect example. In 2 Samuel 12 and Psalm 51 we see it: the beauty of brokenness.
How does God use our brokenness?
Whether it’s lust, anxiety, anger—no sin is uncommon to man (1 Corinthians 10:13). God can and will use you even in the midst of your wrestling match with sin. He will use what you’ve learned in other’s lives. God will also use your brokenness to grow you in Christ and also bring you closer to him.
Where in the Bible talks about brokenness?
2 Corinthians 12:9.
How do you deal with brokenness?
10 Tips To Heal Brokenness
- Admit your brokenness.
- Let go of anything holding you back.
- Turn your failure into triumph.
- Even if you continue to fail, stay positive.
- Do not apologize.
- Spend time with yourself.
- Your vibe attracts your tribe.
- Love Unconditionally.
What does a contrite spirit mean?
caused by or showing sincere remorse. filled with a sense of guilt and the desire for atonement; penitent: a contrite sinner.
Where is God in my brokenness?
Bible Quotes on God’s Care for Our Brokenness The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit Psalm 34:18, NIV). Seeing the people, He felt compassion for them, because they were distressed and dispirited like sheep without a shepherd (Matthew 9:36, NASB).
How do you find beauty in brokenness?
How to Find Beauty in Brokenness Like the Woman and the Alabaster Box
- Embrace the Brokenness – One of the first things to do to with brokenness is to embrace it.
- Position Yourself in the Brokenness -And, Luke 7:38 says Then she knelt behind him at his feet, weeping.
What does the Bible say about a crushed spirit?
The one Bible verse that I saw quoted more than any other—in on-camera statements, posts, and tweets—was Psalm 34:18, “The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.” This is who we are: the brokenhearted and crushed in spirit.
What does a broken and contrite spirit mean?
When we sin and desire forgiveness, a broken heart and a contrite spirit mean to experience “ godly sorrow [that] worketh repentance ” (2 Corinthians 7:10). Those who have a broken heart and a contrite spirit are willing to do anything and everything that God asks of them, without resistance or resentment.
What is the verse Jeremiah 29 11?
“’ For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. ‘” — Jeremiah 29:11.