In the list of 15 books above, I recommend Luke as the Gospel to read because it’s the most thorough. But the Gospel of Mark presents the Good News of Jesus Christ as well. Any of the first 3 Gospels in the New Testament (Matthew, Mark, or Luke) would give you the same main point of the Bible.
How do beginners read the Bible?
How to Understand the Bible for Beginners
- Read the Bible in Context.
- Learn Who the Main Characters Are.
- Get Familiar with the Main Storyline.
- Choose a Translation of the Bible That Best Fits Your Needs.
- Focus on Applying the Bible to Your Life.
Where do I start when studying the Bible?
Reading the Bible is the number one way I recommend people start seeking to hear God speak. If you’ve met God and are ready to go deeper, hear Him speak & interact with Him on a daily level then Scripture is the best place to start. Sometimes we want God to speak to us individually and verbally.
Should you read the Bible in order?
Most people should not read the Bible in order. It is better to start with the books that give an effective overview of the main message of the Bible. This works best for most people because the books of the Bible are not all arranged in the actual order of events.
What is the correct way to read the Bible?
How to Read the Bible: 6 Tips for Effectively Reading God’s Word
- Ask God for Directions!
- Consider struggles, celebrations and prayers!
- Start with Just a Verse.
- Use a Devotional.
- Chunk it Up!
- Use SOAP!
What is the best way to study the Bible?
11 Ways to Study the Bible: Methods, Techniques & Tips
- THE SWORD METHOD OF BIBLE STUDY.
- CHARACTER STUDY.
- WRITE OUT VERSES FROM THE BIBLE.
- STUDY A BOOK OF THE BIBLE.
- READ THROUGH THE BIBLE.
- TOPICAL/THEMATIC BIBLE STUDY.
- PRACTICAL STUDY.
- MEMORIZE SCRIPTURE.
How can I study my Bible by myself?
7 Guidelines: How to Start Studying the Bible for Yourself
- Make the Goal of Bible Study to Encounter the Person of Jesus Christ.
- Approach the Scriptures as a Dialogue With God.
- Develop an Attitude of Thanksgiving.
- Think About Ways You Can Apply the Word.
- Develop a Teachable Spirit.
How can I get closer to God?
12 WAYS TO GET CLOSER TO GOD RIGHT NOW
- Get quiet.
- Read your bible.
- Write out your prayers in a dedicated notebook; these can be for others or yourself.
- Go for a walk and talk with God.
- Meditate on Scripture.
- Put on some worship music and immerse yourself in the melody and lyrics.
- Marvel at the world God has created.