I think starting in the Gospel of John for anyone who hasn’t read the Bible before is a great place the start. Probably the best place. Next, I would encourage you to read through the rest of the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke). That’s where I would start if I were you.
- 1 Where should a beginner start reading the Bible?
- 2 How do beginners read the Bible?
- 3 What is the proper way to read the Bible?
- 4 What to read in the Bible when you don’t know where to start?
- 5 Should the Bible be read in order?
- 6 How do you self study the Bible?
- 7 How can I get closer to God?
- 8 Why is it hard to read the Bible?
Where should a beginner start reading the Bible?
The Best Order to Read the Bible for Beginners
- 1 Samuel.
- 2 Samuel.
- 1 Kings.
- 2 Kings.
How do beginners read the Bible?
How to Understand the Bible for Beginners
- Read the Bible in Context.
- Learn Who the Main Characters Are.
- Get Familiar with the Main Storyline.
- Choose a Translation of the Bible That Best Fits Your Needs.
- Focus on Applying the Bible to Your Life.
What is the proper way to read the Bible?
How to Read the Bible: 6 Tips for Effectively Reading God’s Word
- Ask God for Directions!
- Consider struggles, celebrations and prayers!
- Start with Just a Verse.
- Use a Devotional.
- Chunk it Up!
- Use SOAP!
What to read in the Bible when you don’t know where to start?
Instead, choose a book of the Bible that’s easier to understand, such as one of the Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. When I first started reading the Bible I enjoyed the book of Luke for the way it described the life of Jesus.
Should the Bible be read in order?
Most people should not read the Bible in order. It is better to start with the books that give an effective overview of the main message of the Bible. This works best for most people because the books of the Bible are not all arranged in the actual order of events.
How do you self study the Bible?
7 Guidelines: How to Start Studying the Bible for Yourself
- Make the Goal of Bible Study to Encounter the Person of Jesus Christ.
- Approach the Scriptures as a Dialogue With God.
- Develop an Attitude of Thanksgiving.
- Think About Ways You Can Apply the Word.
- Develop a Teachable Spirit.
How can I get closer to God?
12 WAYS TO GET CLOSER TO GOD RIGHT NOW
- Get quiet.
- Read your bible.
- Write out your prayers in a dedicated notebook; these can be for others or yourself.
- Go for a walk and talk with God.
- Meditate on Scripture.
- Put on some worship music and immerse yourself in the melody and lyrics.
- Marvel at the world God has created.
Why is it hard to read the Bible?
One of the reasons the Bible is hard to read is because of the historical, language, and cultural gap between when it was written and your life today. On a side note, it’s amazing how long ago the Bible was written and it is still changing people’s lives all over the world!