- 1 What does God say about losing loved ones?
- 2 What is a good scripture for grieving?
- 3 What does the Bible say about tragedy and loss?
- 4 What does the Bible say about pain and suffering?
- 5 What is the last prayer before death?
- 6 What does grief do to your brain?
- 7 What can I say instead of sorry for your loss?
- 8 What God says about difficult times?
- 9 What to say to someone who is grieving?
- 10 Why does God want us to suffer?
- 11 Why is God taking everyone away from me?
- 12 Why does God allow heartbreak?
- 13 How does suffering bring you closer to God?
- 14 How does God comfort us in the midst of suffering?
- 15 What is suffering according to Christianity?
What does God say about losing loved ones?
There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. “Do not let your hearts be troubled.
What is a good scripture for grieving?
Bible Verses for Grief
- Psalm 9:9. The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.
- Psalm 18:2. The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.
- Psalm 22:24.
- Psalm 23.
- Psalm 27:4-5.
- Psalm 30:5.
- Psalm 34:18.
- Psalm 37:39.
What does the Bible say about tragedy and loss?
“Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.” There is comfort in the Lord for those who are mourning tragedy. Calling upon him in our times of need is not acting on weakness, it is showing that our trust has been put within him and that he is who we seek out in our times of grief.
What does the Bible say about pain and suffering?
Psalm 34:18 The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. Jeremiah 17:14 Heal me, Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise. Matthew 7:7-8 Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
What is the last prayer before death?
“God, thank you for being with us right now. We confess that we don’t understand why things happen the way they do. We don’t understand why illness comes into our lives, but we do know that you walk every path of life with us. Remind Joe that you are walking with him right now.
What does grief do to your brain?
When you’re grieving, a flood of neurochemicals and hormones dance around in your head. “There can be a disruption in hormones that results in specific symptoms, such as disturbed sleep, loss of appetite, fatigue and anxiety,” says Dr. Phillips. When those symptoms converge, your brain function takes a hit.
What can I say instead of sorry for your loss?
10 Things To Say Instead of “I’m Sorry for Your Loss”
- I am so sorry to learn about John’s passing.
- My heart breaks with you at the loss of your daughter, Bethany.
- Your mom lived a long life!
- No words I can offer will make this hurt go away.
What God says about difficult times?
Psalm 9:9-10 The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Psalm 34:10b Those who seek the Lord lack no good thing. Isaiah 26: 3-4 Those of steadfast mind you keep in peace—because they trust in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for in the Lord God you have an everlasting rock.
What to say to someone who is grieving?
The Best Things to Say to Someone in Grief
- I am so sorry for your loss.
- I wish I had the right words, just know I care.
- I don’t know how you feel, but I am here to help in any way I can.
- You and your loved one will be in my thoughts and prayers.
- My favorite memory of your loved one is…
- I am always just a phone call away.
Why does God want us to suffer?
By the very definition, when God makes us suffer, He is simply asking us to submit to Him, to come to Him and to stop fighting Him. He is helping us remember we don’t have to walk this life alone because He is our Father. There is goodness in suffering because it gives us blessings we can receive no other way.
Why is God taking everyone away from me?
God may remove someone from your life because that person is needed elsewhere. Remember God has a plan for everyone’s life, including that person. God’s plan might take them away from you; everything happens for a reason. They may need to fulfill their God-given purpose elsewhere.
Why does God allow heartbreak?
Through every experience in life, including through the pain of a broken heart, God is constantly seeking to show us that he can turn anything for good if we keep loving him no matter what. If you let a heartbreak turn you from God, you will not experience his goodness.
How does suffering bring you closer to God?
It gets us closer to what we were created to be—completely dependent on God. The reason His strength can shine through us is because we know God better through suffering. Reality is learned through trials, faith comes through trusting God in difficult circumstances. We can truly know Christ through suffering.
How does God comfort us in the midst of suffering?
Jesus is sympathetic to our suffering, and He helps us by giving us the Holy Spirit, and by promising us forgiveness and resurrection. The promises of God in Christ are key to enduring suffering.
What is suffering according to Christianity?
God wants people to follow the example of Jesus and help those who are suffering. God must have a reason for allowing evil and suffering but the reason is beyond human understanding. Christians also pray for those who suffer and try to help them. Evil and suffering in this life is a preparation for heaven.