In the King James Version of the Bible the text reads: Be ye therefore perfect, even as your. Father which is in heaven is perfect. as your Father in heaven is perfect.
- 1 Where in the Bible does it say God made us perfect?
- 2 What does the Bible say about striving for perfection?
- 3 What is the true meaning of being perfect?
- 4 Does the Bible say God is perfect?
- 5 What are the 7 creations of God?
- 6 What is the difference between excellence and perfection?
- 7 What is strive for perfection?
- 8 What is striving for excellence?
- 9 What is the meaning of perfect in Hebrew?
- 10 What is a word for perfect?
- 11 What is the difference between holiness and perfection?
- 12 Is there anyone perfect?
- 13 Is it possible to be sinless?
Where in the Bible does it say God made us perfect?
Bell. The Holy Bible says, in Genesis 1:1: “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” And in verse 25b, “And God saw that it was good.” It was perfect in every way, for God does not make any mistakes.
What does the Bible say about striving for perfection?
President Harold B. Lee taught the importance of following the example of the Savior as we strive for perfection: “ I am convinced that the Master was not merely thinking relatively when he said, ‘Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. ‘ [Matthew 5:48.] …
What is the true meaning of being perfect?
1a: being entirely without fault or defect: flawless a perfect diamond. b: satisfying all requirements: accurate. c: corresponding to an ideal standard or abstract concept a perfect gentleman.
Does the Bible say God is perfect?
” Matthew 5:48 Be perfect, therefore, as your Heavenly Father is perfect”. biblehub.com.
What are the 7 creations of God?
- in the beginning – God started creation.
- the first day – light was created.
- the second day – the sky was created.
- the third day – dry land, seas, plants and trees were created.
- the fourth day – the Sun, Moon and stars were created.
- the fifth day – creatures that live in the sea and creatures that fly were created.
What is the difference between excellence and perfection?
Excellence is an attempt to perform a task in the best way possible, whereas perfection is the definitive one hundred percent right way of doing anything.
What is strive for perfection?
Striving for perfection means to focus on the process – cadence, breath, form, and other parts of the here-and-now. The striving perfectionist uses his energy to move toward the goal, as opposed to worrying about the outcome. In contrast, the ‘neurotic perfectionist’ ruminates on past performance that was imperfect.
What is striving for excellence?
striving for excellence means that we push ourselves to deliver the highest quality performance in everything we do. If we want to be the disruptive organization we constantly talk about, we need to consistently deliver high quality leadership development experiences, every time.
What is the meaning of perfect in Hebrew?
The Modern Hebrew word for perfect is מֻשְׁלַם (moosh-LAHM). It’s an adjective deriving from the passive-causative verb form, הופעל (hoof-AHL).
What is a word for perfect?
excellent, foolproof, ideal, impeccable, pure, splendid, superb, flawless, full, simple, appropriate, exact, precise, proper, suitable, true, accomplish, carry out, cultivate, develop.
What is the difference between holiness and perfection?
As adjectives the difference between perfect and holy is that perfect is fitting its definition precisely while holy is dedicated to a religious purpose or a god.
Is there anyone perfect?
No one individual can have a perfect level of all the desired qualities of a human. It is an impossibility because as one deconstructs what an ideal human should be it becomes apparent that there is no universally-accepted standard of an ideal human.
Is it possible to be sinless?
Pelagianism. According to Pelagianism, sin arises from free choice rather than being an inevitable consequence of man’s fallen nature. Therefore, it is theoretically possible, although unusual, for anyone to live a sinless life.